Thursday, January 24, 2013

I HEART NY


New York City. . . what can you say about NYC that hasn't already been written o said. Nothing really. For me, NYC is one of my favorite cities. It's a city that sizzles. You can feel the energy and the electricity. Not to sound like the cheesy, touristy t-shirt, but I really do HEART NY! I love the energy, the people, the food, the art, the sights, and the nightlife.



Central Park. There is so much to explore. Each trip there I take in a little more, explore, and enjoy the peace and serenity the park has to offer.

Even the dogs are able to enjoy some R & R! This is one of my favorite pics I took that day walking through the park as I love dogs and I'd never seen so many breeds just chillaxing with each other.


Moving on to my other love of NY and travel . . . FOOD! I had heard of Jacques Torres and the infamous "Wicked Hot Chocolate." So knowing I'd be on the upper westside, I had to stop in and try a cup for myself. Decadent, chocolate deliciousness, and wicked all in one cup! I also indulged in a chocolate chip cookie, which left me with a cheek-to-cheek chocolate smile. Mmm. . . whenever it's cold, I think of how perfect it would be to warm my tummy with a cup of wicked hot chocolate.


Next on my list was to finally walk the Brooklyn Bridge. The treat waiting on the other side was pizza from Grimaldi's. When I got there, I waited in line among a dozen people for the infamous Grimaldi's to open. They don't sell pizza by the slice. So my pizza and I walked over to the find a seat so I could finally see what this pizza was all about. Well, it was pure yummness! I sat on a bench enjoying my pizza, watching some dancers and enjoying the view of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan. I can't wait to go back!


From start to finish, NY will always amaze me. . . like seeing a piano player in the middle of Washington Square Park. 


No comments:

Post a Comment