Sunday, October 31, 2010

Joshua Tree, when will we meet again?


Unfortunately, I cannot write as much as I would like about Joshua Tree National Park, as my visit was just a few hours. What I can say is, it is a peaceful and beautiful place. I am a U2 fan, and Joshua Tree came out when I was in high school (did I really just date myself. . . ha ha), so it's always been on my list of "must" see/visit/do. 


What I do know (from many friends) is that Joshua Tree is great for hiking, camping and rock climbing. During my brief visit we did a short hike and scrambled up some of the rocks. There are also some funny rock formations, but I'm keeping my pics PG-13. Ha!


Joshua Tree will stay on my must re-visit list to fully explore. In the meantime, I wanted to share some pictures of my visit on that windy, crisp spring day. Stay tuned for a Joshua Tree update!

UPDATE: As promised I returned to Joshua Tree this past spring. This time to go climbing with some friends. What an amazing day! The anticipation of the climb. The fear of the unknown. The triumphant feeling of accomplishment, finally making it to the top! And, of course, a great day of encouraging words, guidance and laughter among friends. Maybe next time I'll be back to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment